Saturday, March 11, 2017

Picking Up The Brush Again

I announced on social media earlier this week that I am freelancing again as a hair and makeup artist. Not many people know this but years ago I was a full time makeup artist and part time youtuber... things have changed since then and I slowly stepped away from the makeup artist scene and focused solely on youtube which became my main source of income. 

I'm picking up the brush again and taking on clients to help fund Zoey's expensive physical therapy & medical costs. When Zoey was rescued there was a GoFundMe page created immediately by the rescue volunteers to help with the medical costs which was AMAZING and helped out so so much. The donations were greatly appreciated and will never be taken for granted but because of Zoey's condition and the amount of strength and progress she's made, we feel it's important to continue physical therapy. Zoey is so resilient and strong so if any dog is going to walk after a traumatic event like this it's going to be Zoey. 

Anyways back to the makeup.... it's been nearly 5 years since I've worked on clients so I'm a little apprehensive. I've still continued to practice and learn more about makeup and products over the years but only on my own face so that's why I'm spending these next few weeks practicing on some of my close friends to get back into the swing of things and work on getting my kit back together. 

Today I met up with my friend Claudia to do her makeup and it made me realize how excited I am to work with clients again. Doing makeup on other people is like riding a bike, once you become comfortable with it you won't forget how to do it. For this look I did a full coverage, flawless skin with a smokey eye with glitter and a peachy nude lip which will be perfect for her night out with her girlfriends tonight. 



If you're in the San Diego area and looking for a hair or makeup artist please contact me here- jackieperdue@ymail.com I do hair and makeup for any and all occasions; photo shoots, proms, quinceañeras, weddings, special events, etc. The money I make from freelancing will help with Zoey's physical therapy costs, so I just want to say thank you in advance for choosing me to help you look your best for your special events.

ps- if you don't know who Zoey is click here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69cXdiOcJjs

xo Jackie

7 comments:

  1. Awe I wish I lived near you. I`d come just to get my makeup done and meet you with no where to go after lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish all the luck to Zoey! I've been watching her progress in your vlogs. She is really one amazing dog! Wish I lived near you so I could get my makeup done by you! But, I do know a couple people in the area so I'll try to spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I truly appreciate that! If anyone does want to book they can email me @ jackieperdue@ymail.com

      Delete
  3. I would like to thank you for your nicely written post

    geometry dash |cat mario  |retrica |

    ReplyDelete