Friday, October 19, 2018

Halloween Time at Disneyland

It's been a while since I wrote on this blog, I'm sure a lot of you have forgotten about it by now. I realized I wanted to jump on here again because number 1- writing helps keep me sane and number 2- I took a lot of pictures at Disneyland this week so I wanted to share them. So it's currently Halloween time at Disneyland and I've been seeing on instagram all the fun Halloween edition treats that they have and I wanted to try them out. So I planned a day with my sisters to just go around both Disneyland and California Adventures to try as many Halloween treats as possible. We of course didn't get around to all of them because there's just WAY TOO MANY to try but we did get through a good handful. We tried the foods on camera and shared our first impression review on my vlog and then gave each treat a rating out of 5 bats (instead of stars lol).


We started our day at California Adventures and went over to Cars Land to the Cozy Cone Motel food area to try the Slow Burnin' Mac n' Cheese. It's basically mac n' cheese with hot cheeto crumbs on top served in a edible black tire bread cone. The mac n' cheese was awesome but the bread cone... not so much. I ended up giving it a 3.5 bats but towards the end of the day I realized it was a solid 4 bats... the bread cone was the only thing hurting this dish.

Next we went over to Schmoozies & Award Weiners for the Carmel Apple Smoothie and the Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake Fries. I LOVED the smoothie, although my sisters weren't a huge fan and the pumpkin spice funnel cake fries were just not my cup of tea... the more you ate it the more gross it became in mine (& Brookelyn's) opinion.

Before we left California Adventures we went over to the Pacific Warf where they have a bunch of different food stands but over by Boudin they have a cart where they sell these MASSIVE Mickey Fang Bread. It's basically just giant bread and if you ask me, that's what dreams are made of.


At Disneyland there was a plethora of sweet treats to try, I won't write about every single one but I will say all three of us got such a sugar rush that we ended up going to ride Pirates of the Caribbean and took a nap during the ride LOL.


Overall it was such a fun day with my sisters Kateline and Brookelyn, these are the type of moments you cherish and hold on to forever. It wasn't so much about the food that day but more the experience and bonding I got to have with my two little sisters. I love them so much and this day really made my heart happy, especially since we rarely see my middle sister Kateline. And even though I get annoyed with both of them still at the end of the day it's all love. I mean sisters are suppose to fight otherwise we're not real sisters LOL.


We went on a Wednesday and I have to say the crowd wasn't too bad. I've been to Disneyland during Christmas time so I definitely have seen it more packed. If you're looking to go to Disneyland I would highly recommend a weekday rather than a weekend and if you want a chance to see all the Halloween themed goodies they have it will all be available until November 1st, that's when they switch everything to Christmas themed. So I say hurry now and if I could recommend just ONE thing for you to try... definitely the sour green apple churro. It was my favorite out of everything we tried that day. You can find the sour green apple churro at the cart next to Buzz Lightyears Astro Blaster Game/Ride at Disneyland. Oh, and don't forget to order the caramel dipping sauce with it.


Huge shout out to Vibe Apparel for my shirt, this look was very casual and comfortable but the simplistic design and color of the shirt gave it such a cool vibe and I was loving it. My sister Brookelyn was also digging her outfit as well because she made me take photos of her non-stop. These were my favorite 3 of her from the day but legit I took close to 100 pictures of her because she was just feeling herself that day LOL.


Thanks for coming back to my long lost blog and reading about my experience at Disneyland. Hope you enjoyed and as Disneyland cast members always say... "have a magical day!"

xo Jacks

1 comment: